Listen to the Season 3 trailer here:
The podcast series Embrace Everything – The World of Gustav Mahler, a multi-season exploration of the composer’s complete symphonies, continues with Symphony No. 3.
The award-winning, chart-topping Embrace Everything podcast series was created and is hosted by radio producer Aaron Cohen. It explores and celebrates the music of Gustav Mahler (1860–1911) by taking a journey through his symphonies. Using interviews with leading Mahler interpreters and scholars, readings from the letters of Mahler and his contemporaries, commentary from Mr. Cohen, and the sounds of the symphonies themselves, each season of the series guides listeners through one of these landmark works in the orchestral repertoire.
Season 3, consisting of six episodes, was released on all major streaming platforms during December and January. A radio version of Season 3 will premiere on stations in July.
Season 3 focuses on Mahler’s Third Symphony in D minor (1895-1896), exploring Mahler’s unique perspective on the different orders of being, from lifeless matter to highest consciousness.
Stream the full episodes below, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Season 3 of Embrace Everything – The World of Gustav Mahler was made possible by a generous grant from the Kaplan Foundation Read more »
The Cast of Season 3
• James Lurie as the voice of Gustav Mahler.
• Paul Hecht as the voice of Friedrich Nietzsche.
• Laura Gragtmans as the voice of Mahler’s friend and confidante Natalie Bauer-Lechner.
• Robert Fass as the voice of Mahler’s friend Siegfried Lipiner.
• Billy Lyons as the voice of Arthur Schopenhauer.
• Gary Tiedemann as the voice of Gustav Theodor Fechner.
• Kent Nagano, General Music Director of the Hamburg State Opera, and Chief Conductor of the Hamburg Philharmonic State Orchestra
• Michael Tilson Thomas, Music Director Laureate of the San Francisco Symphony, Conductor Laureate of the London Symphony Orchestra, and Artistic Director Laureate of the New World Symphony
• Andrew Bain, Principal Horn, Los Angeles Philharmonic
• Carter Brey, Principal Cello, New York Philharmonic
• James Burton, Choral Director, Boston Symphony Orchestra
• Robert Chen, Concertmaster, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
• Eamonn Greiner, Chorister, Saint Paul Boys Choir, Boston
• Bill Hudgins, Principal Clarinet, Boston Symphony Orchestra
• Megan and Hannah Laurence, Choristers, Boston Symphony Orchestra Children’s Chorus
• Christopher Martin, Principal Trumpet, New York Philharmonic
• Albrecht Mayer, Principal Oboe, Berlin Philharmonic
• Toby Oft, Principal Trombone, Boston Symphony Orchestra
• Dominic Seldis, Principal Bass, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam
• Caroline Kita, Washington University in St. Louis
• Marilyn McCoy, Columbia University, New York
• Ioannis Konstantakos, University of Athens, Greece
• Joanna Neilly, Oxford University
Season 3 includes a special performance by the New York Philharmonic Brass Quintet, with music arranged by D.D. Jackson.